Monday, July 9, 2012

Free ebooks!

I recently found out from a post on Facebook by one of my friends how you can get free and inexpensive ebooks from Amazon for Kindle.  I do not have a Kindle, but I do have an iPad 2. Amazon provides a free Kindle app for use on the iPad, Android tablet, iphone, ipod touch, Windows phone 7, and Blackberry.  You can also download the free Kindle app to your computer, Mac or PC. I personally prefer to read while on the couch or in bed or while waiting for an appointment, so portable is better for me.




Here is the link to Amazon's free Kindle apps.





Here is the link to the website where you can subscribe to the daily emails from Pixel of Ink that show the newest free and bargain Kindle ebooks.


You can browse by genre, i.e. business, Christian fiction, cookbooks, fantasy, historical fiction, horror, mystery, nonfiction, romance, and science fiction, or by age, i.e. children's books and young adult.  They have different e-mail subscriptions for some of the different categories.

You need to visit the different websites to subscribe to the different e-mails.  I am currently subscribed the the regular Pixel of Ink and the Pixel of Ink-Young Edition daily e-mails.  I won't be running out of reading material for the rest of my life, between these free ebooks and the library!  You do have to be careful though.  Make sure that the title you want to download is still free before you click the "Purchase" button.

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment